For your bridal party, your wedding is a big day. It’s long, it’s filled with love, and they’re watching one of their best friends get married. So to thank them for all they’ve done for you and to celebrate their love and friendship, plan a wedding day that will keep them happy and feeling special. It’s simple with these tips:
1. Keep them informed: Provide your bridal party with a day-of itinerary to help them know what’s coming up, stay on time, and know what to expect. Include important details including the time they should be dressed and ready, addresses of important locations, if transportation will be provided, and times of the ceremony and reception. TIP: Make a separate itinerary for your groomsmen and bridesmaids to help keep everyone well informed and understood.
2. Tell them what’s provided: If you’re scheduling appointments at a salon, be sure to tell your bridesmaids what you’re paying for and what they’re responsible for. If you’re unable to pay for hair/makeup services for your girls, don’t sweat it, but do let them know in advance. This way, they’ll know what to expect and will have a good idea of the investment they’ll be putting into their day-of beauty. TIP: If you’re not paying for hair/makeup, simply tell your bridesmaids and give them the OPTION to have those services done via their own payment, but never make it mandatory if they’re responsible for paying.
3. Keep them fed: A wedding day is a long one. So be sure to provide lunch for your bridal party. Have some food brought up to your room or your salon to help hold them over until dinner. TIP: Keep your foods simple and wedding dress friendly. Select subs over pizza, and mayonnaise over mustard.
4. Provide transportation: Help your bridal party out by providing transportation for them. This will be especially helpful during the time you are taking pictures, between your ceremony and reception, and after your reception. Providing transportation for your bridal party will allow them a stress-free evening of pictures and cocktails without having to worry about parking, directions, or a DD. It will also help you keep everyone together. TIP: Fill your limo or trolley with champagne to kick-off the celebration and keep your bridal party happy.
5. Make them feel special: Go the extra mile to make your bridal party feel special. Give them thoughtful gifts with sincere notes of gratitude, request that your photographer takes individual pictures of you and each of your bridesmaids, give your DJ or band song requests of music your bridal party loves, and be sure to tell them plenty of “THANK YOU’S”. They’ll love it. TIP: Give them a post-wedding gift of a framed picture of you and each individual bridesmaid.