It’s February first…that means it’s the month of Valentines Day…the most romantic day of the year. Are you showering your sweetie with love-or maybe a ring? Before you pop the question take a peek at our Proposal Dos and Don’ts.
- -Talk it over: Make sure you and your girl are on the same page before your propose. Talk about your future together before you even think about buying a ring.
- -Keep it a secret: She’ll love that you can still surprise her.
- -Find the RIGHT ring: She’s going to wear it for the rest of her life. Try to be sneaky and find out exactly what she wants before you make the big purchase.
- -Be creative and personal: This is the one moment that you two can intimately call your very own. Give it some thought and keep in mind what your lady would like. Is she over the top? Is she laid back? Suit the proposal to her personality.
- -Ask her parents: Tradition is always appreciated by parents and the respect you’ll gain from them before you ask their daughter to marry you is priceless. (Keep in mind these will be your in-laws FOR-EV-ER!)
- -Get on one knee: Every girl imagines their proposal to include their man on one knee with a ring box in hand. Give her her dream.
- -Be sweet: Let your girl know why you love her. This is your chance.
- -Make it public: This isn’t 7th Heaven. You don’t need to be surrounded by one million family members or strangers. Make it special and something that just the two of you will share.
- -Hide the ring in food: Not only is this a choking hazard, but it’s also really gross.
- -Make it complicated: Relax and take it easy. A proposal should be enjoyed by both of you so keep it simple.
- -Pop the question too early: Make sure that you’re both ready for the next step in your relationship and that you’re both on the same page.
How’d you pop the question?